Surprise.. Im Back!

Monday, July 12, 2010




Wow! I have been such a blog neglector (hmm.. is that even a word?) lately. Life had just taken over and left me in the dust! LOL :)  I wanted to share a couple of pictures of the July 4th celebration where I live. I usually do the craft show but this year I decided to bow out and spend time with family. I think that it was the first weekend that I didn't have to work on something or other since Christmas so it was time.

Even though I didn't sell jewelry at the show I still ended up going, (I love it in Bear Valley). I ran into a few customers and passed out a few cards.  As you can see from the photos there are hot air balloons rides that you can buy that take you over the valley and Cub Lake with beautiful views of the mountains. It is really stunning. The balloon rides start at about 5 am and from almost anywhere in Bear Valley you can see the balloons. The pilots of the balloons usually like to skim the water tops and lightly set the balloon baskets on the top of the water, just for fun. If you are lucky, you will get a great picture of the reflections of the balloons in the water.

There is a pancake breakfast that starts around 6 am and a little parade that goes down along the road by the lake. Anyone who is willing may enter the parade, it is really fun for the kids.

The craft show is around the lakeside and they have a car show too. This year my hubby decided to enter his Volkswagen in the car show for fun. This is his hobby. Still a work in progress, but something to keep him busy while I am in the GreenRoom making pretties.

The weather was beautiful about 85 that weekend, perfect, and I actually ran into someone at the pancake breakfast who recognized me from my news interview. I made a new friend.

All in all it was a relaxing weekend and much needed break. Hope you enjoy the pictures :)
Pin It

No comments: