A Rainy Sunday Afternoon

Monday, March 7, 2011

Ahhh..My favorite kind of days...rainy days. I have always loved the rain for some reason, ever since I was a little girl I always remember loving the rainy days the most. I used to just go out and stand in it or go for long walks even though I would get soaking wet, I didnt care.

I worked most of the day yesterday, in my GreenRoom on orders, but was able to have the late afternoon free and decided to go for a 2 mile walk in the rain. It was just what I needed. Fresh, clean air and a light mist of rain, it was perfect! Everything was quiet and still, just like it is when it snows. The only sounds to hear might be the sound of water that is starting to flow in the wash, on the side of our property, I love that sound. When I got home I took my camera and decided to take a few photos of things that are starting to come to life on our property. I like to take photos at the change of every season..as nature inspires me and I have been noticing the last few days that color is starting to appear in the yard.

Some of the early blooming bushes and flowers have already started to open their buds and show beautiful color against the contrast of the what winter has left behind. Overhead a flock of seagulls lost and off track were circling high above in the fog trying to find their way back to where ever they had come from. Drops of rain were resting on the branches of trees that are missing their spring leaves. Here are just a few of the photos that I took, though I am not a photographer it was still fun capturing the rain drops before they fall to the ground.  It was the ending to a perfect day...
Pin It

No comments: