Inside LittleGreenRoom A Project From Start To Finish

Tuesday, February 8, 2011


This is a project that I was working on for a friend. Her son has a cattle brand and was wondering if I could make a replica of his brand on a dog tag... I usually love a challenge because I feel that it helps me grow as an artist. One this project I had no idea what I would do..maybe etch this or stamp..but in the end I decided to piece together this tag with wire and create a 3-D look. In this photo I was manipulating the wire to get the shape just so. Not only do you have to get the shape right but make sure that you don't bend or kink the wire  in any way so that it will lay flat and solder completely. 


 Ahh I think I finally got the shapes figured out and it is now ready to sand and piece together. In this photo I am just making sure that I have all of my pieces flush and looking good before I solder it all together.


My favotite part..tricky but fun..I get to use my torch.. the tricky part is making sure that the solder is flowing properly and is soldering all of the pieces but making sure not to melt the wire and tag. It seems to of soldered great..now its just time for clean up and polishing.


At last the finished necklace...I love it! It turned out exactly like I had envisioned it to look or even better...that is the best part of it all..when it all comes together and you even shock yourself :) LOL..
Pin It

No comments: