One Of The Most Exciting Parts Of This Journey That I Am On!

Thursday, November 4, 2010







I cant believe that I am finally sharing this exciting news with you...if you are a Facebook fan you have probably already seen this but I am finally getting back into writing on my blog and wanted to post the pictures of my AWESOME write up in my first feature of a magazine Australian Beading Magazine. For those of you who dont know this in May of this last year I was contacted by the editor of Australian Beading Magazine. She found me on Etsy and wanted to feature me in there Aug. issue. I was so excited that I think I was in shock for about a week or so. She requested my bio, photos of my jewelry and a picture. I am not good at writing about myself..I am always at a loss for words but I just started writing about my life thus far and about this journey that I am on with my jewelry.

My jewelry gets a lot of love from Australia..as a matter of fact my jewelry line will soon be available there..more details  later... The editor was a doll to work with and the article came together so easily, I was kind of surprised. I didnt know what to expect....

I emailed all of the details off to her and anxiously waited through the summer. The magazine came out in the Middle of August 2010 and when I finally received my copy I actually screamed out loud. I slowly opened the first pages of the magazines thumbing through each page and right in the front of the magazine...there is was and much to my surprise I was actually featured on TWO pages!! WOW!! I stood there in my kitchen and screamed, jumped up and down and couldnt stop smiling...actually writing about it now takes me back to that day. I feel like the article captured me and my jewerly perfectly!!..I actually had no idea what it would look like or say but it was as if I had sat in front of them face to face and interviewed with them and they had taken the photos. They used the bright fun colors in the article that I love and used the pictures with nature backgrounds that were taken on my property,  often my inspiration.

So here is the article..I actually have two magazines..soon to be framed and hung on the wall of my LittleGreenRoom..for inspiration and remembrance of  this wonderful journey that I am on..like I always say..I don't know where I'm going but I cant wait to get there :)
Pin It

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh, Amy, I am so happy for you!! Fantastic news! I LOVE the pieces that are featured!

Amy said...

Thank you :) I still get excited thinking about it!