*NEW* Mixed Metal Leather Cuff!

Thursday, April 8, 2010


I was going to wait and not list this cuff yet but I just get too excited when I make new designs. The new design process starts off for me with a pencil and paper. When I sit at my table..I dont use a bench..I start to layout the pieces and cut shapes using different metals to get the exact color combo that I want. When designing a piece of jewelry I have to think of the whole design from start to finish because I am using certain shapes, designs, and stamps that will produce the finished design that I already have pictured in my head or on paper. I am picky with colors too. I always have been..I think that it stems from my coloring background as a hair dresser or maybe it is just the way that I see color. They say that everyone sees color differently. There is nothing more exciting that putting the last bit of detail together to finish a piece of jewelry, I have always been big on the details. Its like you get a rush of excitement that flows through your veins. I am usually so excited that I rush off to show my hubby and then no more than two minutes later I am taking pictures. Sometimes the pictures get complicated because the metals reflect light and shadows like crazy, if you are not careful you will end up taking a photo of yourself in a piece of jewelry that has your reflection in it, like a mirror. I, who am camera shy anyway, do not want my distorted pict. in a piece of jewelry to list in my store. So finally when all is said and done, I finally arrive here..excited to share a new piece of jewelry with you. Here is the link to view more photos of my new bracelet.  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=44389210
Pin It

No comments: