I Love Shopping On Etsy!!!

Friday, April 23, 2010

I was so excited the other day upon arrival of my package from Israel. About three weeks ago while searching for supplies I stumbled upon a beautiful glass shop on Etsy. I fell in love with these glass flowers. I don't know if you can see in the pictures or not but the flowers are dusted lightly in silver and have a beautiful sheen. I immediately knew what I wanted to design with  these pretties and purchased them on the spot. I love buying handmade when possible and  love to incorporate handmade pieces into my own designs. On Wednesday, along with the amazing surprise that I discovered in the package I found myself drawn to the stickers on the outside of the envelope that the glass beads came in. I love the fact that I bought something from someone in another country who I would not of ever seen or met it it weren't for Etsy, I love that! Its a great topic of conversation in my house with my son. We talk about the postage, stamps, and stickers on the envelopes. We end up looking at the country on his globe and talking about how far away it is. He too thinks that it is amazing that we can purchase something handmade by someone who is so far away that we never met. I love the fact that he appreciates and gets it..about buying handmade items. He's my little Etsian in training LOL ;)
Pin It

No comments: