18 Years And Counting...

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

So keep in mind that this photo was taken 18 years ago..Yes, early 90's you can tell by the hair..LOL..Wow so crazy to say 18 years! My hubby and I just celebrated out 18th year anniversary a few days ago. We are high school sweethearts and started dating at 16. Someone asked me what the secret is for staying together for so long and I had to stop and think. A good friendship foundation is very important, that is how we started out so long ago..friends. I think starting off as  friends you get to see the true person, how they treat people, how they react in certain situations, their intentions. I also think that you need to laugh alot, at yourself and each other, and life. Pick and choose your battles, try not to take things so serious, and of course, patience and love.  I guess I will have to revisit this question at our 25yr. anniversary or even 50 yr. anniversary and see what more I have learned by then...but for now just one day at a time and high hopes that tomorrow and the years to come are just as wonderful as the first 18. :)
Pin It

2 comments:

mywifesstudio said...

Amy, Congratulations!!!!

Amy said...

Thank you!!